Wednesday 11 November 2009

Back in Sierra Leone!



After an exciting summer with NearFar I am back in Freetown due to some exciting orders that have come through!

We touched down in Freetown late Tuesday night. As soon as the plane doors open you get hit by warm air which gave us a buzz of excitement.Our flight was fine after all my fretting. I hate flying! We made our way to mainland Freetown on the Pelican water taxi and managed to get a free ride to the place we are staying. This has become a bit of a theme as we seem to have been offered rather a few free rides. We have landed on our feet in terms of accommodation, a beautiful house that looks out onto the sea, it is basic though with no fan and washing out of a bucket-which I rather enjoy!

On our first day we headed ( I forgot to mention my sister Felicity is helping me out) to see Mr Wilson who is in charge of the tailors we work with. It took us an hour and half to make our way through traffic into downtown Freetown. It was so great to see him after so long. So I arranged a meeting for Thursday morning to see the tailors and get going finding the materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment